Bill Cosby plans to return to the stage in London after being released from prison, his publicist has said.
The artist, 83, also plans to tour the United States and Canada as part of a return tour after his sexual assault conviction was overturned over a technicality.
Her publicist Andrew Wyatt told the Los Angeles Times the star wanted to return to work and perform shows featuring her “vintage tale.”
Bill Cosby plans to return to the stage in London after being released from prison, his publicist Andrew Wyatt (right) said
Cosby, once known as “America’s Father,” returned home last month after the Pennsylvania Supreme Court ruled he was denied a fair trial in 2018.
Wyatt said, “In his physical appearance he is exuberant. In his mental state, he is exuberant. In his feelings and his humor, he is exuberant.
Cosby’s shows will feature observations of his life and “include human rights and civil rights” as part of his work on criminal justice and prison reform, he added.
Wyatt added that the comedian is “colorful and powerful – more powerful than we have ever seen”.
Cosby’s team, including their legal staff, are still working on the public, promoters and “media insurgencies… that fuel hatred” will be screened for live shows, according to Wyatt.
But he said he was not concerned about rowdies, adding: “It won’t happen tomorrow.”
A book written by Frederick Williams is also in the works and will feature Cosby and Wyatt discussing the artist’s trial and prison experiences.
Cosby, with Wyatt last Thursday, vowed to fight a civil lawsuit brought by a woman who says she assaulted her in 2015 at the Playboy Mansion
Additionally, a near-completed five-part documentary series from Michelle Major, the director of Venus and Serena.
The TV series will include interviews with the comedian, for whom he has yet to serve, and will focus on his legal issues.
The release of Cosby, once one of America’s most beloved figures but who has faced dozens of assault charges, has sparked a backlash.
The comedian had his sexual assault conviction against Andrea Constand in 2004 overturned because a prosecutor promised him that he would not be charged in 2005, which, according to the court, led him to incriminate himself.
Cosby with Hugh Hefner in Los Angeles in the 1970s as he became a household name. Most of the allegations against him start in the 1980s, but Judi Huth says he attacked her in 1974
Dozens of other women accused him of sexual assault and harassment, but their complaints were not prosecuted because they failed to meet statute of limitations in states where the offenses were allegedly committed .
After his release last week, women’s rights lawyer Gloria Allred held a press conference with some of Cosby’s accusers (she represents 33 of them) and said she would fight to hold him accountable by prosecuting him in front of a civil court.
Judi Huth claims Cosby assaulted her in 1974 and she is seeking a settlement. His claims do not fall within a limitation period and therefore cannot be prosecuted criminally.
Among the people she represents is Judi Huth. Huth, in 2015, sued Cosby, alleging he attacked her at Hugh Hefner’s Playboy Mansion in California.
Cosby has always insisted on his innocence on all counts of sexual misconduct.
In a statement released Wednesday morning, Wyatt said: “With the overturning of Mr. Cosby’s conviction, his legal team, led by Jennifer Bonjean of the Bonjean Law Group, is now turning its attention to the civil lawsuit brought by Gloria Allred at name of client Judy Huth.
“Since Mr. Cosby’s release from prison and all charges against him have been dismissed, Ms. Allred has worked hard to make statements to the press on the alleged merits of her 45-year-old client’s allegations.
‘Mrs. Bonjean is eager to fight the case in the courthouse where it counts – rather than at press conferences on the courthouse stairs where it doesn’t.
Women’s rights lawyer Gloria Allred represents 33 women who say Cosby accused them. She pledged to take civil action against him after his release from prison. Her team says they’re gonna take her
The next court date is August 13, when Cosby’s team say they “will deal with justifying Mr. Cosby once and for all.”
Cosby’s team says he will be heading out on the road to “tell his story” after his release from prison and is already in partnership with “documentary makers”.
None of the major streaming services have yet publicly put their name on a project with it.
He was on the road with his stand-up in 2015, the year he was arrested for assaulting Constand.