The Duggar Family / Instagram
Duggar family speak out after hit reality series Counting on has been cancelled.
Less than a week after TLC confirmed the show was over after 11 seasons on the air, Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar on Saturday released a statement on behalf of the whole family, in which they addressed the news of the show. ‘cancellation.
“It’s hard to believe that more than 17 years have passed since we were first contacted by a production company wishing to make a one-hour documentary on the logistics of educating 14 children,” said started their statement. “Our family has grown (and grown!) Before our eyes and on national television, and the journey has been miraculous: following God is an exciting adventure!
They continued, “Over the years, some of our most precious moments have been when we have met children across the country who are alive today through our testimonies that children are a blessing – a special gift. of God – and that the only real hope for individuals and families is a close relationship with Jesus Christ. “
CCM Counting on
RELATED: Counting on Canceled at TLC after 11 seasons
In their statement, Jim Bob, 55, and Michelle, 54, spoke of the filming of “difficult and painful times” over the years.
“Since we started filming so long ago, we have had the incredible honor to share our lives, our faith and our history with you, including some of the most difficult and painful times our family has ever had. never faced, ”they said. “We are full of deep gratitude for the love shown to us and the prayers of so many who have supported us now and over the years.”
“We look forward to all the new adventures and endeavors that may come, and with so many grown children and wonderful grandchildren, we know our love will only continue to multiply!” the statement concluded. “We are eternally grateful to our film crew and so many behind the scenes who have become like family over the years. The wonderful experiences that filming has provided us will always be invaluable, and we look forward to seeing the next one. step for our families and sharing more with you along the way! “
Never miss a story – sign up for PEOPLEthe free daily newsletter of to stay up to date on the best that PEOPLE has to offer, from juicy celebrity news to compelling human-interest stories.
Addressing the end of the series, stars Jinger (Duggar) Vuolo and her husband Jeremy Vuolo said in a statement Tuesday that they “wholeheartedly agree with TLC’s decision not to renew. Counting on and are excited for the next chapter of our lives “, before” thanking our fans, friends and the amazing film crew who have shown us love and support. We look forward to continuing our creative journey to Los Angeles and seeing what the future holds. “
Likewise, Amy (Duggar) King has said she also supports the network’s choice to end the series, writing on Instagram, “@ TLC- thanks for the ride I’ll always treasure the memories. Plus I’m with the network in this decision! “
On Tuesday, TLC confirmed that it “will not produce additional seasons of Counting on“, Adding that the network” considers it important to give the Duggar family the opportunity to resolve their situation in private. “
The “situation” mentioned in the statement alludes to recent public scandals involving Jim Bob and Michelle’s eldest child, Josh Duggar.
Counting on premiered on TLC in 2015 and served as a spinoff series to 19 children and count, which ran from 2008 to 2015. The spin-off was created amid the previous indecent controversy surrounding Josh, 33.
RELATED: Josh Duggar Had Over 200 Images of ‘Child Sexual Abuse Material’ On His Computer: Authorities
That same year, news broke about Josh allegedly assaulting five underage girls as a teenager. Two of his sisters, Jill Dillard and Jessa Seewald, then introduced themselves as two of the victims, insisting that they had already “moved” and forgave their brother when the news became public.
Also in 2015, in the midst of Josh’s first public scandal, 19 children and count was canceled after nine seasons. Then, a month later, in August 2015, Josh confessed to being addicted to pornography and cheating on his wife Anna Duggar in an apology statement after Gawker reported that he appeared to have active accounts on Ashley Madison, a website created to facilitate cheating on your spouse.
Most recently, Josh made headlines in April when he pleaded not guilty to receiving and possessing child pornography and was released from jail a week after his arrest. Prosecutors believe Josh had more than 200 images of children on his computer.
RELATED VIDEO: Josh Duggar’s Wife Anna Is ‘By His Side’ Believes He Is ‘Innocent’, Says Source
RELATED: Josh Duggar’s Child Pornography Trial Postponed to November
If convicted of the alleged crimes, he could receive up to 20 years in prison and up to $ 250,000 in fines for each of the two counts, which equates to a possible total sentence of 40 years.
News from Counting onJosh’s annulment came the same day a federal judge postponed Josh’s criminal trial to November 30, according to Federal Court records. It was originally scheduled to start on July 6.
In a statement to PEOPLE on Tuesday, Josh’s attorney Justin Gelfand said: “We are satisfied with the court’s decision and look forward to continuing to litigate this case.”