Joshua Duggar’s child pornography trial has been postponed until November.
Documents were filed in an Arkansas federal court on Tuesday ordering a postponement of the trial, with the pre-trial conference now set for November 18 and the trial for November 30. It was to start in July.
The order, signed by Timothy L. Brooks, said the decision had been made to give Josh’s legal team “reasonable time for effective preparation.”
The deposit arrived the same day TLC announced that Counting on, a show starring the Duggars – but not scandal-ridden Josh – had been canceled.
“TLC will not be producing additional seasons of Counting onThe network said in a statement Tuesday. “TLC believes it is important to give the Duggar family the opportunity to discuss their situation in private.”
At least one Duggar – Jinger – agreed it was a good idea in light of his brother’s latest scandal. She thanked the network for the “remarkable journey”, which began on 19 Children and counting.
Josh, 33, has quite a battle ahead of him. While he was released on bail in May, it came after a special agent for Homeland Security Investigations said the 200 or so illegal downloads to the father of six’s computer were the “worst of the worst.” The footage reportedly showed sexual abuse of children between the ages of 18 months and 12, the same age range as Josh’s own children.
It was also detailed how much effort was made to hide downloads using special technology and hidden hard drives, as Josh’s computer activity was monitored and reports passed to his wife, Anna. , if he visited pornographic sites.
Josh has pleaded not guilty to receiving and detaining material depicting child sexual abuse, which has landed him up to 40 years in prison.
He was released on bail on the condition that he resided with friends of his parents, a pastor who advises detainees, and his wife. He wears an electronic monitor and is prohibited from using the internet or watching porn. However, he is allowed “unlimited” visits with his children as long as Anna, who is pregnant with their seventh child, is present.
Previous scandal involving Josh led to his family’s reality show 19 and count being canceled in 2015. At the time, allegations surfaced that – more than 10 years earlier, as a teenager in 2002 and 2003 – he assaulted five girls, some of his sisters. He admitted to having “acted inexcusably”. That same year, he confessed to cheating on Anna after finding out he had an account on the Ashley Madison infidelity website.
The family then returned to the airwaves – minus Josh – in Counting on starring Jim Bob and Michelle and their other children. The family patriarch and matriarch have yet to comment on their show’s cancellation. Last year, Jill Duggar claimed she had to hire a lawyer to get paid to appear on the show because her father was the primary beneficiary and shared the money with the children.
In April, the couple released a statement after Josh’s arrest, saying they prayed “for the truth, whatever it may be, to be revealed and everything to be resolved in a timely manner,” adding that they ” love Josh Anne. ”They haven’t commented yet Counting on – a spin-off with them and their children (minus Josh) – being canceled.
Learn more about Yahoo Entertainment: