Josh Duggar’s sister and cousin are speaking out against TLC’s decision to cancel “Counting On” following the disgraced star’s child pornography charges.
The show served as a spin-off of “19 children and count“and followed members of the Duggar family.
Josh’s younger sister Jinger Vuolo and her husband Jeremy Vuolo shared the same statement on their respective Instagram accounts on Tuesday, saying they agreed with the network’s decision.
“We are grateful to TLC who have given us the opportunity to be on the network over the years and their kindness to the Vuolo family. It has been a remarkable journey that has opened doors to travel and experience the world of a way we would not have imagined possible, “begins their statement.
‘COUNTING ON’ CANCELED AFTER 11 SEASONS IN JOSH DUGGAR CHILD PORNOGRAPHY CASE
“We completely agree with TLC’s decision not to renew ‘Counting On’ and we are excited for the next chapter of our lives. We want to thank our fans, friends and the amazing film crew who brought us together. have shown love and support. We look forward to continuing our creative journey to Los Angeles and seeing what the future holds, ”he concludes.
Duggar’s cousin Amy King, who has appeared on Duggar Family shows over the years, also thanked TLC “for the ride.”
Besides a number of photos of his involvement with the network, King wrote, “I will always treasure the memories. Plus, I support the network in this decision!”
TLC announced Tuesday its decision not to renew “Counting On”.
JOSH DUGGAR CHILD PORNOGRAPHY TRIAL RETURNED TO NOVEMBER 2021
“TLC will not be producing additional seasons of ‘Counting On’,” the network told Fox News in a statement. “TLC believes it is important to give the Duggar family the opportunity to discuss their situation in private.”
The news of the cancellation comes as Josh Duggar faces child pornography charges. His trial was originally scheduled for the coming weeks, but it was postponed to november.
Duggar and his family appeared on “19 Kids” from 2008 to 2015. The show was canceled in 2015 when news broke that Duggar, now 33, allegedly assaulted several young girls, four of whom were his sisters.
Later that year, it was reported that Duggar had an account on Ashley Madison, a website meant to facilitate extramarital affairs.
JOSH DUGGAR LIVING IN “SORRY AND SORRY” HOUSE WITH GUARDIANS WAITING FOR CHILD PORNOGRAPHY TRIAL
Duggar did not appear in “Counting On,” which ran from 2015 to 2020.
Now he faces a new scandal after being arrested by the US Marshals on April 29, 2021 in Arkansas.
CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP
A day later it was indicted on federal child pornography charges and pleaded not guilty. He was released by a federal judge pending his retrial in November.
Court records filed in the Western District of Arkansas on Tuesday and obtained by Fox News reveal that Judge Timothy L. Brooks has ordered the trial to be postponed from its originally scheduled date of July 6, 2021., until November 30, 2021.
CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE TO OUR ENTERTAINMENT NEWSLETTER
Duggar had previously requested the trial be pushed back to February 2022, which federal prosecutors were reluctant to do, but said they were not opposed to putting it back by about three months.
The former reality star has been charged with one count of receiving child pornography and one count of possession of child pornography.
Fox News’ Nate Day contributed to this report.