Meghan Markle and Prince Harry’s ‘last blow’ came when they were denied the right to found their own homes like Prince William, according to a new documentary.



Prince William, Duke of Cambridge wearing a suit and tie: Prince Harry and Prince William at the unveiling of a statue they commissioned from their mother Princess Diana in the Sunken Garden at Kensington Palace, at the occasion of what would have been his 60th birthday on July 1, 2021 in London, England.  The brothers previously had a shared home at the palace until it was split over bullying allegations against Meghan Markle, according to a new documentary.


© Dominic Lipinski – WPA Pool / Getty Images
Prince Harry and Prince William at the unveiling of a statue they commissioned from their mother, Princess Diana, in Sunken Garden at Kensington Palace on what would have been her 60th birthday on the 1st July 2021 in London, England. The brothers previously had a shared home at the palace until it was split over bullying allegations against Meghan Markle, according to a new documentary.

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex told Oprah Winfrey how they stepped down from royal duties due to a storm of negative media coverage, which they suggested the palace was complicit in.

Meghan has described having thoughts of suicide during her pregnancy amid the pressure of critical reporting.

However, a new documentary on UK network ITV describes a parallel timeline of events within Kensington Palace that took place around the same time.

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex have fallen out with the Duke of Cambridge over allegations Meghan intimidated her staff, documentary says Harry and William: what happened?

Prince William and Harry reunite to unveil new statue of Princess Diana

FOLLOWING

FOLLOWING

Biography Battle of brothers also previously said that “William kicked Harry” from Kensington Palace because of the dispute.

Loading...

Loading error

The split of the shared home was officially announced in March 2019 – two months after Meghan told Harry she had been having suicidal thoughts and eight months before they left Britain for Canada before their royal outing .

Former royal correspondent Camilla Tominey told the documentary how Meghan and Harry wanted to create their own home like William and Kate Middleton’s.

However, their requests were turned down, not by their brother, but by Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Charles, she said.

Now Deputy Editor-in-Chief of The daily telegraph, Tominey told the ITV show: “At this point Harry and Meghan want their own office like the Cambridges did. They wanted their own office to start from Windsor, from Frogmore Cottage, where they lived at the time.”

“And that’s when,” she continued, “the Queen and Prince Charles then step in and say” no, we’ll run your business “and in a way that’s the last straw. ‘water because once again the Sussexes say’ why can ‘we have what the Cambridges have? We should be on a level playing field.’ “

Meghan, Harry, William and Kate Middleton were all based at Kensington Palace with many staff members shared.

However, their co-communications secretary Jason Knauf emailed Prince William’s private secretary in October 2018 to accuse Meghan of intimidating two personal assistants outside the home.

Video: Prince Harry and Meghan Markle reveal how Harry proposed (The Independent)

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle reveal how Harry proposed

FOLLOWING

FOLLOWING

Historian Robert Lacey described in Battle of brothers how there was then a furious argument between the two princes in which William supported Knauf and Harry supported Meghan.

Ultimately, the Kensington Palace house was split with Harry and Meghan, forming a new private office at Buckingham Palace, where the Queen’s staff are based, rather than independently at Frogmore.

The official announcement in March 2019 came just eight months before the couple gave the first hint of their royal outing when they revealed they were in Canada for Thanksgiving in November 2019.

However, the timeline of events is particularly emotionally charged due to how it intersects with the explosive statements Meghan and Harry made to Oprah Winfrey in March 2021.

Meghan mentioned a story published in November 2018, a month after the bullying email, accusing her of making Kate cry while trying on a bridesmaid’s dress, which, according to her, was wrong.

The Duchess said that in January 2019 she told Harry she was having suicidal thoughts in the face of negative media coverage.

And that was two months before Buckingham Palace officially announced the household split.

Meghan also accused the palace of complicity in the broadcast of “lies” on CBS television.

She said: “I don’t know how they could expect that after all this time we would still remain silent if there was an active role the cabinet is playing in perpetuating lies about us. “

During Harry and William: what happened?, Omid Scobie, co-author of the biography Find freedom, said there had been a conflict early on between Meghan and the palace.

He said: “Meghan arrived motivated and ready to work and it immediately ruffled the feathers. She is a woman in her 30s. I think she has proven herself to herself and to the people she has been with worked up to this point that she knows what she is doing.

“She was definitely not someone who was going to change just to please the people around her. I felt that they also needed to be reminded, ‘You are not the stars of the show here. There is a hierarchy and you don’t. come very high in. ‘”

And Lacey told the documentary: “Someone close to William told me that William sensed early on that Meghan had a program.”

Related Articles

Start Your Unlimited Newsweek Trial

Continue reading



Source link